Principles of Execution provides inspirational articles and personal examples of people from all walks of life who exhibit and live the Principles of Strategic Thinking and Strategy Execution.
The Principles of Execution blog is developed to help my readers identify and develop the top key attributes of strategy execution that I have gleaned from experience and reading. The personal examples of leadership and successful people that I will share about on my blog are from my experience as an Inquisitive Reader, Student, Musician, Minister, IT Manager, Project Program and Portfolio Manager, and Consultant.
After 22 years of leadership and management, I have consistently experienced the combined effects of these principles in my life and in the lives of colleagues who have turned dreams into reality or simply managed career changes to keep the family fed.
o The Principles of Execution I embrace are:
- Effective Leadership
- Value innovation
- Visualizing your desired outcome
- Managing stakeholders’ expectations
- Risk Management
- Problem solving
- Focusing on the results
- Having the right vehicle and getting the right people in the seat
- Communicating to Management Change
- Continuous Improvement
Below are my values, purpose, mission, and goals statements which are my guiding principles for this blog.
- Developing Expertise, Sharing, Contributing, Adding Value to others, Continuous and Never ending Improvement, Respecting and Inspiring others (think win – win), and Producing Measurable Results.
- The purpose of this blog is to provide a forum to express my thoughts and experiences in the application of the Principles of Execution.
- To share my approach in implementing these Principles of Execution
- Share what I've learned from others who are striving to grow daily.
Goals and Objectives:
- To share my thoughts and experiences about the Principles of Execution and the impact they are having on my life and career.
- To leverage the collective wisdom of my network and develop resources for enhancing the global practice of IT Governance, Portfolio, Program and Project Management in a fun and personally uplifting manner.
Do you have principles you live by or use for accomplishing your goals?
Principles of Execution Key Concepts:
- Strategic Thinking
- Strategy Execution
- Effective Leadership Principles
- Gerald J. Leonard