Helping Organizations Develop A Culture That Works!
High-performing organizations achieve results by utilizing portfolio management to select the right projects at the right time with the right resources based on a data-driven selection methodology. Portfolio management adds value to an organization’s bottom line by optimizing the organization’s capacity and capabilities to meet the demands of an ever changing market and technology trends. It does this by providing insight and global visibility of the organizations approved set of strategic criteria against a backdrop of organizational constraints. This presentation provides a few of the value creation processes that implementing a best in class portfolio management solution can provide to your organization.
Gerald Leonard will get your audience to…
- Address Question they have in implementing a framework that employees will buy into
- Create immediate results with the tips and techniques they will learn
- Provide the bridge between tech-speak and English!
- Understand the complex concepts of Portfolio Management
Martin Messick PMP
IS Manager, Honda Aircraft Company
Director of Marketing
Prior Speaking Engagements:
- PMI PM Tools Workshop - May 2015 Washington DC
- "7 Principles for Developing a Culture that Works!" PMI Region 5 Conference - March 2015 in Washington, D.C
- Tips and Techniques for Effective Project Portfolio Management - Washington DC PMI - PM Tools - September 16, 2014
Lance Holland, PMP
Gerald Leonard spoke for the PMI Washington DC chapter’s PM Tools event in September 2014. According to the attendee surveys, Gerald’s presentation was very well received. These surveys contained a number of very complimentary comments regarding Gerald’s presentation style and delivery. In his presentation, he demonstrated a deep knowledge of portfolio management and responded with confidence to attendee questions. From my perspective as the event planner, coordinating with Gerald was exceptionally easy. Gerald was very professional and communicated clearly and frequently throughout the entire process.
I first met Gerald in 2013 at the International Legal Technology Association Conference and found his presentation on the "Accidental Portfolio Manager" to be both intriguing and thought-provoking.
Given his extensive work experience in project, program, and portfolio management, I knew he would be an asset as a PMI volunteer within its legal project management community as well as a speaker at our alliance engagement at FOSE 2014.
Specifically, I recruited Gerald to discuss "The Value of Portfolio Management" with a largely government IT audience. His preparation and speaking skills were "top notch" and very well-received by attendees.
Gerald has the unique ability to take a subject such as Portfolio Management and simplify it and make it understandable to a diverse group of professionals in various job fields.
I look forward to working with Gerald in the future on other PMI alliance endeavors
- Q2 Tech Talk Program - Beyond Big Data: Right Data|Right Person|Right time, CRTC | Groove - Baltimore MD 4/30/2014 (Panel Member)
- Project Server 2013 Deep Dive - Washington DC 11/2/2013
- Focus on Project Management: BDPA Baltimore October Program Meeting Oct 19, 2013 - Presentation
- Who is managing the forest if you're tending the trees? (The Accidental Portfolio Manager), 8/20/2013, International Legal Technical Association - Las Vegas, Nevada - Presentation
- What’s New in Project Professional & Project Server 2013, 7/11/2013, SharePoint User Group Washington DC Presentation
- What's New in Project Professional 2013, 5/7/2013, Johns Hopkins University
- Critical Chain Project Management using Microsoft Project Professional 2010 and Prochain: Implementing Project Portfolio Management, Phoenix, 3/22/2012 Presentation
- Project Portfolio Management (PPM) and Governance, Annapolis Junction, 4/10/2012
- Critical Chain Project Management using MS Project Professional 2010 and
Prochain, Washington DC, 6/7/2011
- SQL Server Reporting Services Presentation, Washington DC, 9/22/2009
- Strategies for Successfully Managing Change, ILTA Conference 2009, Washington DC 8/24/2009