"A mother is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary." by Dorothy C. Fisher
"If we have learned one thing from the history of invention and discovery, it is that, in the long run - and often in the short one - the most darling prophecies seem laughably conservative." by Arthur C. Clarke
Background and Challenges
- Dr. An Wang was born in 1920, in Shanghai China and was taught English by his father until age six.
- He entered third grade at age six and excelled in science and math during his time in elementary while being fascinated by radio technology in high school.
- He attended Chiao-Tung University to study engineering with an emphasis on communication technologies.
"Perception is strong and sight weak. In strategy it is important to see distant things as if they were close and to take a distanced view of close things." Miyamoto Musashi
Background and Challenges
• Harvey Mackay is a graduate of the University of Minnesota and the Stanford University Graduate School of Business Executive Program.
• In 1959, the 26-year-old Harvey purchased an insolvent company with 12 employees, three 28-year-old outdated envelope-folding machines and one printing press.
• Harvey Mackay’s management styles of strategic management and operations management has helped the company to grow to a $100 million business employing over 600 people.
Genius is perserverance in disguise. by Mike Newlin
You must read, you must perservere, you must sit up nights, you must inquire, and exert the utmost power of your mind. If one way does not lead to the desired meaning, take another; if obstacles arise, then still another; until, if your strength holds out, you will find that clear which at first looked dark. by Giovanni Boccaccio
The accomplishments of Arnold Schwarzenegger are no secret. No one would have expected the Austrian born bodybuilding world champion to go on and be anything but that – a world champion of bodybuilding.
By these things examine thyself. By whose rules
am I acting; in whose name; in whose glory? What faith, humility, self-denial,
and love of God and to man have there been in all my actions? By Jackie Mason
At my father’s funeral, his brother in-law Rev. Reed, who leads a church in Baltimore, preached his eulogy. After listening to the sharing from family and friends, dad's golfing buddies, and others Rev. Reed stated that someone should write a book about an ordinary hard-working man who raised an extraordinary family. My uncle, Samuel Jackson, called my father “one of the hardest working men I’ve ever known.” He was amazed at the level of strength my dad had and could not understand how someone could work so hard and provide so much. You see, my dad and mom took care of my cousins with the six of us during the summers when we were teenagers.
PofE 024: Warning, Following Benjamin Franklin's Productivity Secrets Will Increase Your Effectiveness
"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get." Dale Carnegie
* Born on January 17, 1706 (or according to O.S. January 6, 1705) [Link to Old Style below. Very interesting.] Died April 17, 1790.
* Benjamin is the eighth child of his father’s second wife, the tenth boy, and the last boy among seventeen children. (Four from the first wife of Josiah Franklin, and thirteen from the second wife.)
- Her mother was an unmarried teenager.
- Lived with her grandmother during her first six years. Her grandmother was so poor that at times her dresses would be made out of potato sacks.
“Try not to become a man of success, but rather to become a man of value.” Albert Einstein, physicist.
- He delivered two or three speeches a day for General Electric Theater as a tour guide for its 139 plants.
- He created one of the most prestigious and innovative auto companies the world has ever known.